NovaCropControl is a research and test centre specializing in plant sap analysis.
A plant sap analysis provides insight in the actual uptake of nutrients by the plant. This reveals important information about the plant‘s health status. An optimal and balanced uptake of nutrients has a positive effect on the plant‘s natural disease resistance and, for example, on the quality, firmness and shelf life of fruits.
Plant sap analysis vs. dry matter analysis
When using a dry matter analysis, a deficiency in nutrient uptake will be revealed only 4 or 6 weeks after the actual nutrient deficiency was caused. This is why fertilization adjustments often will come too late. By analysing plant sap, a nutrient deficiency will be revealed within a few days. This is why plant sap analysis is a powerful tool to manage and adjust fertilization strategies quickly and precisely.
NovaCropControl is aiming to provide insight in the plant‘s nutrient uptake, with a fast and accurate service based on low cost. To reach that goal, NovaCropControl uses plant sap analyses and, if necessary in combination with (ISO-17025) accredited drip, drain or substrate water analyses.
A plant sap analysis by NovaCropControl:
• Provides a consolidated summary of the total amount of nutrients taken up by a plant
• Reveals varietal differences in nutrient uptake
• Is a tool to adjust fertilization strategies accurately and quickly
• Makes it possible to optimise nutritional status to improve natural disease resistance
• Reveals a nutrient deficiency in an early stage
• Gives the opportunity to fine-tune fertilization for an optimal production
• Can help to save on fertilizer costs
• Overview of results via www.bemesting-online.nl
• ISO-17025 accredited water analyses